UT Vols College Football Blog

UT Vols College Football Blog
UT Vols College Football Blog

Get your "Workin' Like Heck" T-Shirts & Other Merchandise...

Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dis Your Opponent

Okay, I've come to an epiphany about what I should have as an onging blog going into the new season. Like most of you, there are a few opponents that I love to hate. What's more, the week of a game, I generally hate whomever we play. Yes, I really hated Air Force when we played them, not to mention that complete disdain for Louisiana Lafayette...freaking cajuns. Now I feel good about what I'm supposed to do, so every week I'll have a synopsis of my personal feelings for that week's foe. Some weeks will be short as my level of hate will probably rise to the level in which I enjoy women's basketball or even soccer. Nonetheless, I'll give it the old college try.

Week one: UCLA

Yeah, I know, this is a head scratcher...what with all the good looking woman out there, the sun, the stars, Beverly Hills, and all the Bugs Bunny landmarks all around. To be honest, I love going to L.A., and their campus is in one of the richest zip codes in the country, and you can visit some of the nicest restaurants in the country. Not a bad place to kick around for an away game; but, on the other hand, their turf isn't even on campus and their colors, while nice on the cheerleaders would get your ass kicked in the south.

Keith Jackson lives there...enough said.

If I have to see any Mark Harmon pictures or side stories next week I'm going to hurl. It's almost as bad as NBC constantly panning to Brady Quinn's ugly sister while playing OSU. Why doesn't David Keith get this kind of TV play...he was a UT trainer.



However, after googling Mark Harmon, he seems like a pretty good guy. He even supports McCain...not too shabby in that Pinko-Commie state. Man, I'm getting off track. I can't even rip them about their tree people; that was in Berkely. Well, I'll have a more vile post in a couple of weeks, I'm sure. There's not much else not to like about UCLA, with the exception of them beating us a few times and that 26 all tie back when I was in high school. Nevertheless, if you can come up with more reasons, feel free to start a thread in the new forum. I'll be back on topic after beating those sissy bears, to thrash the blazers a bit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't hate the players hate the game.

Tennessee is just a bunch of posers anyway!