UT Vols College Football Blog

UT Vols College Football Blog
UT Vols College Football Blog

Get your "Workin' Like Heck" T-Shirts & Other Merchandise...

Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Friday, September 26, 2008

Dis Your Opponent...Awbun



I'm going to change this post around some from my previous dissing posts, because my hatred level for Aubie reaches that of teal on our terror alert scale. Besides, we have a common enemy to bond together to fight and ridicule. Instead, I'm going with a list of top ten barners of enfamy. Some I hate, some I loathe, some I simply wag my head in indiferrence; however, all are names that ring a bell and give credence for a "dissin" post.

In no particular order:

Sir Charles: Loud-mouthed and controversial. This guy may actually win the governship of Alabama in the future. That would be as much a collosal failure as his golf swing has become, but I wouldn't put it past people from Bama from electing his dumb ass.

Freddie Weygand: How long did this guy play anyway. I knew as much about Fred back in the 80's as I knew about John Stallworth. If there has ever been anybody that has more letters in a sport I'd like to see them.

Pat Dye: We used to beat Pat, and that's enough reason to list him. He has been reincarnated however in the form of Boo Weekly. Both slack-jawed, good ole boys running amock in the very deep south and loving it. Majors and Pat were so chummy that even Barney Frank wanted in on the action.

Aubie: What a stupid name for a macot. Slap a LSU jersey on him and he might have some significance. I like the War Eagle better; at leasts its' cool to see it perched on a band nerd's arm.

Bo Jackson: I'm not gonna rip Bo. He is SEC and what a Heisman winner should be, although he almost got reamed by Chuck Long. We beat him in 85, and I like him... so there.

Stan White: Beat us the only time I've been to the plains. Wait, they didn't beat us, but it sure felt like they did. I didn't and still don't like him; his teeth were and still are too big.

Jordan Hare Stadium: I know this isn't a person, but I know who "Suge" is. Who the heck is Hare? It's kinda cute how they mispronunciate it though.

War Eagle: Again not a person, but any war cry that goes back to the civil war is worth mentioning.

With the prospect of Aubie kicking our tail again, we may have some names to add to this list next time, so if you have any others to add, please feel free to post them in our comments section. Enjoy Sir Chuck's swing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looked it up. Weygand played for Auburn from 1981-1993. He was on the twelve year plan. That put him two years ahead of most of his classmates.