UT Vols College Football Blog

UT Vols College Football Blog
UT Vols College Football Blog

Get your "Workin' Like Heck" T-Shirts & Other Merchandise...

Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Monday, September 08, 2008

Week 2 Dis your opponent

After rather glowing comments about UCLA in my inaugural "dissing" blog, I've been given ample material should this series continue into next season. Not even one Mark Harmon reference by ABC last week; I am disappointed:{

This weeks angst is relatively mild once again as I can't justify wasting quality Alabama pictures and video on UAB. The school to the southwest of them will get plenty...not to worry. Now, what I hate about UAB:

Funny enough, their nicknames and history will do the trick. It's been called "the Pittsburgh of the South". Now I know this has to do with all the industrialization the city has provided for that wretched state, but Pittsburgh? Nice. Any time Hollywood wants to portray a drab, dreary, miserable setting, Pittsburgh fits the bill. Heck, it might as well be Pittsburgh, West Virginia. Atlanta at least calls itself the New York of the South......and, bama has Pittsburgh. It made me smirk just reading it. Bombingham. If your under 50, you might not know the history of this well received nickname, and I'm not going to bore myself by restating it. Just google it yourself if you don't know. It's not one to wear proudly, but it is historical. Just ask Neil Young.

The "magic city" has been a hub for business for since 1871, and can proudly boast that a quarter of the state's residents live within its' metro, area {including that Soul Patrol nerd). It can also boast that it is the 18th most dangerous city for violent crime helped out by a #7 national ranking for murder- a real shocker if you've ever been to Legion Field.

I've been quite nasty so let me end by saying, I know very little about the blazers, nor do I care to. Let's just get this game behind us, so we don't have to think about UCLA so much.

1 comment:

FATPHIL said...

what idiot is running this site-you should cherish the win over AUB for the time being. Consider this UCLA loses 59-0 to a worse team than heritage highschool. Who by the way could most likely out coach this sorry excuse for an offensive coordinator. GO FLORIDA at least their coach has the connies to run up the score on an inferior opponent. Down with UT, OBAMA, and why not celebrate Thanksgiving.